Sunday, March 22, 2009

Photography Assignments

Macro
I have always loved macro photography. I love to capture the things I enjoy the most, in a single photograph. I had difficulty with not being in control of the flash. My Russian nesting dolls are coated with a high gloss sheen, which created a reflection in most of the pictures. They are one of my favorite things, as well as a gift from my kids, so I kept shooting pictures until I captured the look I was after.


Portrait
My daughter was more excited about doing the portrait assignment than I was! I set out to do it in the afternoon, with a black sheet over my front window as a back drop. Unfortunately, the sheet was too thin and the sun filtered through.....A LOT of sun! So, we did it after sundown. It was a challenge to get the lighting the way I wanted it. Even after a trip to Lowe's, to buy a clamp-on light, I just couldn't master it. Proper lighting is definitely an area I need to work on.


No comments:

Post a Comment